Site Announcements

Our Next Meeting is Friday, October 27, 2017 at 7:00pm.

Our speaker will be Neil Frank. Neil's talk is "Planted Aquaria for Fish Keepers”

Join CAFE. You will not be disappointed!

Please remember to support our club sponsors
http://forum.columbusfishclub.org/sponsors/12.gif

Kevin and the Neons

Have aquarium-related goods or livestock to sell? List those items here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Kevin and the Neons

Postby nicolemarie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi all!

New member in Cleveland posting here. I have 6 Neon Tetras and Kevin, the Nerite snail that are in a 12 gallon planted aquarium.

I need to rehome this crew to someone who has experience with freshwater fish and will care for them well. The six neons are from an aquarist in California and are hardy and friendly souls - they do recognize me as the Bringer of Food. The Nerite snail is actually awesome at cleaning (i've read that some people have Nerites that do nothing, Kevin knows his job and is quite active.)

I have never been able to get this aquarium to cycle correctly (the biowheel never turned not even at a glacially slow pace) and I am at the point where I think this crew needs a new and bigger aquarium that I could cycle right, but I do not have the room for such a setup. I am asking a rehoming fee of $25. Thank you! Nicole

(I am having trouble uploading photos, please contact me and I will email them to you!)
nicolemarie
New Forum Member

Re: Kevin and the Neons

Postby paul » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:53 am

Hi Nicole,

You might want to try the Neofish club. They are in the Cleveland area, much closer to you.
http://www.neo-fish.com/

FYI, 6 neons and a snail in a twelve gallon tank is just fine. They do not really need a bigger tank if you keep up with the water changes and gravel vac.
paul
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Kevin and the Neons

Postby nicolemarie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response but I wanted to still thank you for supplying the info for the group in my Cleveland area, NeoFish. I will give them a try :)
nicolemarie
New Forum Member

Return to For Sale