Please remember to support our club sponsors
http://forum.columbusfishclub.org/sponsors/1.gif

Eheim 2017

Post your fish questions here!

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Eheim 2017

Postby fantasticdan04 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:36 pm

I purchased an eheim 2017 from a now defunct petstore (T Turtle pets) and its missing the impeller. I thought this would be an easy fix, but i guess the brand new filter i bought a year ago was discontinued in 1983 :!: The impeller is no longer made for the filter. I contacted eheim and they said no such luck finding one. I also inquired about another models impeller fitting this one, but they also shot that down. So I am stuck with a new unusable filter. I was wondering if anyone knew of something I could do to remedy this problem. I am still not entirely sure that the model 2013 impeller wouldnt fit mine. I read somewhere they have the same head unit, the only difference was the filter volume. I also thought of putting a pump where the orginal is, but I just opened it up and it is very well epoxied in there, also its molded to fit the exact pump. So I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how i could get this filter up and running. Any ideas will be greatly apperciated. BTW nice to meet everyone at the auction, I was fun. But now my new fishys need there eheim I promised. :D
Yours truly
Dan Marchio

fantasticdan04
New Forum Member

Re: Eheim 2017

Postby Geophagus_Fiend » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:23 pm

I thought the 2217 used the same impeller...pretty sure they still make 2217s...then again, what do I know.
"I'm not yelling at you!!!"
- Anonymous
Geophagus_Fiend
G-$$$
G-$$$

Postby fantasticdan04 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:26 am

I thought the same and ordered a 2217 impeller, but alas its too big. I think i might switch out the pump head entirely because i think other classic pump heads will fit. But i need to look into it more.
Yours truly
Dan Marchio

fantasticdan04
New Forum Member

Postby fishy1 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:01 pm

The 2017 parts were hard to come by even by the late 90's. Since there filters last so long, there are plenty of people who only want those little replacement items. That's probably how the impeller got scavenged from the now defunct pet store.

Hawaiin Marine used to be the main US importer and distributer. You could try them. They're likely to say no as well, but at least you'd have peace of mind for the effort.

I'd get a dummy lid and then plumb the pump of my choice. It won't be pretty. But it would work well on a pond and the like.

Good luck!
><{{{{9 E 1

Think inside the glass box.

"You keep a healthy tank, you call yourself a guy who knows fish." Sipowicz

></]]]]]2
fishy1
CAFE Member
CAFE Member

Postby skjoldan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 am

i have one that works if you still need it
skjoldan